Sunday, June 6, 2010

Songs of the Summer


Summer is upon us and the season of catchy addicting songs are here and on everyones radar so what are people most liking going to have on repeat on their iPods and dominating the charts?
Heres my list of what I think and/or should be the top songs of the summer.

My Picks

1. La Roux - Bullet Proof: The super techno style of this song normally isnt my style but after seeing her perform this on Ellen I could not get the song out og my mind and as of right now the song is sitting at #8 on the charts.

2. Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body: When I first listened to this song I was not a fan, but same can be said about any song from their latest album "The End" but Ive come to like every single song they've released so far and this one is no different and has grown on me, fun and simplistic lyrics with super catchy beat, win!

3. Katy Perry - California Girls: Its super catchy has a nice melody and its pretty addictive if you've heard any of Katy's other songs its not too far from what your used to hearing at first listen it may remind you of craptastic mediocre singer Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" but you'll realize its miles better than that song and Snoop Dog is a nice addition.

4. B.o.B ft Hayley Williams - Airplanes: I call this song BLEMO "Black & Emo" very emotional story telling going on here chorus (sung by Hayley) is the best part too cause its something everyone can relate to in some way and is done superbly Eminem is also on the song in certain versions but he just comes across like some angry suburban kid who's parents took away his iPod like he normally does.

5. Christina Aguilera - Woohoo: Christina back to her old sexy ways with this one and her teaming up with my new obsession is Nicki Minaj is fire hot.

Should Be

1. Christina Aguilera - You Lost Me: Another ballad by the queen of ballads this song is lyrically and vocally amazing and deserves a chance to be heard, not an ideal summer song and likely wont be released till after but its worth listening to nonetheless.

2. Colbie Caillat - I never told you: Anything by miss Caillat is enjoyable and soothing nice songs to listen to during your chill time to just make you think and reflect on anything and everything and this one is no exception if your going threw a summer breakup this is your song!

3. Timbaland & Katy Perry - If we ever meet again: This has summer jam all over it. Its pretty fantastic and this is coming from me and I'm very anti-Timbaland but this is one of the better songs hes done since he left his R & B days and fast-forwarded into Pop.

4. B.o.B ft Hayley Williams - Airplanes

5. Katy Perry - California Girls

Likely Will Be

1. Katy Perry - California Girls

2. Usher - OMG

3. Miley Cyrus - Cant be tamed

4. Lady Ga Ga - Alejandro

5. Taio Cruz - Dirrty Picture

What shouldn't be


Why? Cause there absolutely terrible!

1. Enrique Iglesias - I like it

2. 3OH!3 and Ke$ha - My First Kiss

3. Rihanna - Rockstar 101 or Te Amo

4. Jason Derulo - Ridin Solo

5. Justin Bieber - Somebody to Love


No comments: